Language

October 30, 2013

Degree Headset for my Trail Bike

As I have mentioned in the second part of my Corratec X-force review, this bike has a very steep headtube angle equal to 69 degrees. It's rather uncomfortable to ride steep mountain trails with such angle of the headtube. I was searching the web trying to find possibilities of reducing my bike's head angle. There are several angled headset manufacturers. The most popular and the most expensive is Cane Creek Anglset headset. There are also K9 Industries Angled Reducer Cups and Degree headset from Workscomponents.co.uk. Unfortunately all of these manufacturers don't have out of the box headset for Corratec X-force 2011-2012. My bike has a ZS56/ZS56 headset.
I've wrote a message to Anglset support:


28.06.2013, 18:14, "Gary ------------"
> Currently we do not have any headsets that are compatible with a 56/56 head tube.
>
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Ivan  <-------------------------> wrote:
>> Hello, I've got Corratec X-force bike with zs56/zs56 headtube (both upper and bottom cups are 56mm) . Are there any Angleset headsets for this configuration? Can't find any info on the web. Thanks!
>
> --
> Gary -----------
> Cane Creek Cycling Components


Unfortunately Cane Creek couldn't help me with my problem. I've decided to ask the same question to Workscomponents and have got an answer:

10.10.2013, 23:36, "workscomponents.co.uk" :
> Hi Ivan
>
> Apologies for the slow reply.
>
> What we need to do is manufacture one of the headcups for you as we do not have a stock solution.
>
> If we make this headcup right away anodising would take around 7-10 days so an estimate would be around one week to be ready, would this be soon enough for you?
>
> Just let me know and i will confirm this and add the headcup to our manufacturing batch.
>
> Thanks, regards, Rick
>
> Works Components
> www.workscomponents.co.uk


Great! Workscomponents can make custom headcups for my bike! Now I'm waiting for my headcups to be manufactured, and I hope, I can get them soon!

Here you can see how steep is 69 degrees headangle of Corratec X-Force 2012:




1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, I still haven't got any answer from WorksComponents, so I have to give up on them. I've bought offset shock mount kit from TFTunedShocks and put 2.2" tyre in the back. Now I have 68 degree head tube angle, and I think this is enought for the trail bike

    ReplyDelete