Language

June 23, 2014

Review: Manitou Minute Pro 140

I've been using Manitou rear shock with my Fireeye Griffin, and I was very surprised with Manitou Swinger 4x coil shock!
I've got my first Manitou fork with my new bike Corratec X-force 2012. The fork model is Manitou Minute Pro white with 140mm of travel, tapered steerer and 20mm axle.
The fork is rather lightweight (1800-1900gr. or 4-4,18lbs), has ABS+ damper with remote lockout and MARS Air technology. MARS Air is a technology wheech combines coil spring with air pressure. The fork is very plush in the begining of travel like a real coil spring fork, but the second part of travel can be easily adjusted with air pressure.

My adjustments:
My weight is about 75kg (165lbs) and I use maximum allowed air pressure for this fork - 110psi, cause with lower pressure the fork becomes too soft. A coil spring of my fork marked as "hard". I don't use remote lockout of ABS+ damper. I  turn the ABS+ damper compression adjuster to 45 degrees to get more compression damping. A minimum rebound adjustment works fine for me with this fork.

I like the work of my fork very much! It has a variety of adjustments, a stiff 20mm axle and smooth as butter travel! After a couple thousand kilometers with this fork it still works as new. I always spray silicone grease on the stanchions and add some oil into air spring. Couple times during the season I change oil in lower legs. The oil in the damper is still in good condition.

This is my first Manitou fork and I can say that it is very simple, reliable and ajustable.



No comments:

Post a Comment