Language

November 24, 2014

My Vintage Singlespeed Road Bike (ХВЗ Start-shosse)

I've just got a new handlebar tape and  U-brake for my non-fixed gear bike, and I've decided to make some modifications.
MTB riser bar is rather convenient, but sometimes I want to get lower riding position, that's why I've decided to put stock Start-shosse drop handlebars with new white tape. I've also installed 16T singlespeed rear cog with front 39T chainring and new U-brake. The bike is a little bit lighter now (11.04kg/24.34lbs) with very heavy steel seatpost and wellgo b-54 flat pedals (I use flat pedals for city-biking).

Vintage Singlespeed Road bike (ХВЗ Start-shosse 1973):




This was my first handlebar tape installation:


New Chinese NoName U-brake:

6 comments:

  1. nice, man, i come from the city in Ukraine where this bike was produced. How did you managed to get such a bike in germany?

    ReplyDelete
  2. really?! i did not know that. that is hilarious! which city are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, man, that is really up north. you should get a snowboard too! can you go trout fishing there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go cross country skiing ). There's no mountains close to me, that's why I don't have snowboard or alpine ski. Fishing is very popular here. I even think that, there are more fishermen than fish ).

      Delete