Language

November 25, 2014

New Handlebar for My Norco Sight: Kore Mega

Norco Sight A 7.2 2014 comes with very convenient Norco 740mm handlebar but it's weight is approximately 400grams. This handlebar was emmedietely replaced with my old Azonic World Force 762, which I've been using for 4 years with many of my bikes. Azonic World Force (762mm, 1") weight is about 345gr.


Finnaly, I replace my old handlebar with my freind's Kore Mega 760mm:


Kore Mega 760mm is a 3T butted handlebar with affordable price and very good weight of 285grams:

8 comments:

  1. cool update, man. that stock handlebars are crazy heavy. btw here are the best winter tyres. http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/article/winter-mountain-bike-tyres-five-of-the-best-12784/

    wtb vigilante is one of the best ones - you have made another good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thanks! I didn't know that about Vigilantes. It is installed now on my rear wheel with Highroller II on the front. And they seem to keep wheel better than Maxxis during negative temperetures, because Maxxis becomes rather tough in the frost

      Delete
    2. oh, yeah, we have minus 6 now in ukraine. it is quite crazy. you need to have some warm gloves and socks

      Delete
    3. Same temperature is here, and still no snow. It is very unusual for our region but is very good for riding )

      Delete
  2. what is the weight of the bike now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 13980gr now, with new wheels, tubeless tires (Maxxis Highroller II front + WTB Vigilante rear), chain guide e.13 XCX, Kore 65mm stem, Kore handlebar, Raceface narrow wide chainring and Avid Elixir CR Carbon brakes. Everything else is stock. The bike will be 150gr more heavy with another Maxxis in the rear.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, man. Good upgrades. You can get a lighter seatpost - it will save you a few grams too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! But I'm dreaming about a dropper post, and it seems to me it can be more heavy )

      Delete