Language

August 29, 2014

My New Bike: Norco Sight A 7.2 2014

Few weeks ago I've decided to buy a new trail bike. I wanted to try a bigger size frame (L) and 27.5" (650B) wheels because I'm 185cm (6' 1") of height. My previous trail bike Corratec X-Force 2012 was in medium size and has shorter top tube and reach.
I've bought Norco Sight A 7.2 at our local bike store. Sight A 7.2 is the cheapest version of Norco Sight. Alloy frame and cheap components make this bike's cost less than $2000.

Some of the components are rather good: Manitou Minute Expert fork, Rockshox Monarch rear shock, Shimano SLX rear derailleur with Shadow+, Shimano Deore Crankset and Norco saddle. There is no need to replace these components.
There are also some crappy stuff.  I was very disappointed to know that wheel hubs has ball bearings (loose bearings). The hubs are very heavy. Alexrims TD26 rims has a very small place for the tyre bead to make them tubeless. I've managed to make ghetto tubeless with stock Kenda Tyres but I don't think that a tyre bead is locked securely. So my bike needs a new wheelset with better hubs and rims.
I have changed some of the stock components. Avid DB-1 brackes were changed for better Avid Elixir CR Carbon. Norco 740mm handlebar is rather heavy (about 400gr), so it was changed for my old Azonik World Force 762mm.
 I've taken off front derailleur and have installed RaceFace NW 34T chainring from my previous bike. Front Kenda Honey Badger Sport tyre was changed for WTB Vigilante 27.5x2.3 (it was the only agressive 650B tyre available at my LBS). I've also installed my Shimano SPD M530 Trail pedals.
Weight of the hole bike (at the picture) with ghetto tubeless is 14.1kg (31lbs). The bike has very heavy wheels. So there is an opportunity to decrease the weight.




No comments:

Post a Comment