Language

August 26, 2013

Continental Mountain King II 26x2.4 Cheap "Sport" Version with Wire Bead Goes Tubeless!!

 Yes, they do! Cheap $19 Conti MK II (weight 740gr) with wire bead and thin sidewalls goes tubeless with Stan's Notubes sealant!
I was interested in making tubeless tyres from Continental Mountain King II 26x2.4 "Sport", and was googling the web for any information. Everybody was saying that it's impossible to go tubeless with these tyres, because they have too porous sidewalls.
I've decided to try it myself, and I've succeed!
I prefer ghetto method using BMX tube as a rubber tape between rim and tyre. This method works fine with non-UST rims. 60ml of Stan's Notubes sealant have made what it should. I've spent some time shaking a wheel to seal the whole tyre, but now I can say that the tyre doesn't loose any air.

Great weight reduction. Now my Corratec X-force 2012 weights only 14kg.

I think that these tyres will work for me in our light enduro trails. It is possible to tear their thin sidewalls in big mountains with rocky trails. That's why I will buy ProTection version of Conti Mountain King II 26x2.4 (weight 660gr) for a next season, but now I am enjoying tubeless with cheaper tyre.

Here is a photo of my current bike setup:


2 comments:

  1. I've been riding these tyres for two months without tubes, and I'm very happy that I had tried to go tubeless with this version of Conti's (Mountain King 2 "Sport"). This is a very lightweight setup. The bike encreases speed very very well without tubes. The only problem is that you should go with an air pressure not less than 30psi. 40 psi will be better. It's rather easy to puncture the tyre riding with low pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The much more hostile your own traveling design, the extra wear on your own car Cheap Tyres.

    ReplyDelete